Go on a tour of the various breweries and wineries near McGregor, Iowa to try delicious, locally made beer and wine. This activity can help you create that perfect date night. Check out our list of Iowa wineries and breweries down below.
- Address: 106 Cedar St., Elkader, IA
- Hours: 2-8 p.m. Friday; 1-8 p.m. Saturday
- Distance from us: 25-minute drive
The first licensed brewery in Elkader, Iowa in 2013, Deb’s Brewtopia offers a variety of beers made from Deb Winter’s 18 different hops or flowers. You’ll find the brewery in a historic building. You can order your drink to-go or for curbside pick-up.
Eagles Landing Winery
- Address: 127 North St., Marquette, IA
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Distance from us: Three-minute drive
Eagles Landing Winery is right on the Mississippi River, so you can taste wine while enjoying the view. The winery was named “Winery of the Year” in 2018 by Grapevine Magazine. Part of the Great River Road Wine Trail, this winery is the closest thing in the area to a McGregor winery.
Empty Nest Winery
- Address: 1352 Apple Road, Waukon, IA
- Hours: 4-9 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; 1-5 p.m. Sunday
- Distance from us: 35-minute drive
This Iowa winery offers not only wine, but sangria, beer and hard cider. Visitors love going there because of the good atmosphere and the knowledgeable staff.
- Address: 1536 Lily Road, Lansing, IA
- Hours: Noon to 5 p.m.; open Saturday and Sunday.
- Distance from us: 30-minute drive
Madigan Winery offers free wine tastings to make sure you get the perfect wine for you. Sit outside and enjoy the lovely, welcoming view of the property’s vineyard and pond.
Old Man River
- Address: 123 A St, McGregor, IA
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday
- Distance away: Three-minute walk
The Old Man Brewery is one of the most well-known, historic breweries in McGregor, Iowa. The inviting, rustic feel of the brewery’s brick building is sure to entice you. The brewery also serves as a restaurant.
- Address: 209 S. Main St., Potosi, WI
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday
- Distance from us: One-hour drive
Founded in 1852, Potosi Brewery is one of the oldest breweries in Iowa, so you know you’re getting beer from experts of the craft. After tasting their local brews and enjoying a warm meal, check out the National Brewery Museum and gift shop that’s also there.
- Address: 39053 Great River Road, Guttenberg, IA
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Thursday; 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m Sunday
- Distance from us: 40-minute drive
PromiseLand Winery is a family-run business that has a tasting room, event room and six boutiques that make for a great place to get married. The atmosphere there is refreshing and fun.
Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.
- Address: 1600 Prosperity Road, Decorah, IA
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Distance from us: 45-minute drive
Try the unique beer flavors of Toppling Goliath Brewing Co. during your trip to Iowa, such as Cherry Fandango and Pseudo Sue. There are a variety of food items on the brewery’s restaurant menu that you can choose from, too.
Drink on the shore of the Mississippi River
After visiting these awesome breweries and wineries in Iowa, head to the shoreline of the Mississippi River at our marina. Watch the sunset over the water with a locally made drink in hand. Waiting to drink your alcohol for that special moment? Rent a houseboat from us in the meantime and have a fun weekend in Iowa.