McGregor Iowa is home to a lot of fun things to do throughout the year. This includes festivals, flea markets and many other events. Regardless of when you visit Nauti Marina, you are sure to find some great activities perfect for the entire family. This list is only a sampling of the various annual events you can see. Be sure to check out the Northeast Iowa event calendar for other activities throughout the year. Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin also host several events throughout the year.
Northeast Iowa Event Calendar
Prairie du Chien Events
Prairie Dog Blues Festival
- Location: St. Feriole Island, 300 N. Villa Louis Road, Prairie du Chien, WI
- General Dates: Typically in late July
- Learn more: https://www.prairiedogblues.com/
Are you a fan of the blues? Then stop by the Prairie Dog Blues Festival. This annual music festival is one of Prairie du Chien’s most popular events, drawing people to the historic St. Feriole Island on the Mississippi River. Stages are set up between jagged cliffs and green hills, providing a beautiful backdrop for listening to the blues. The festival itself draws many bands and also features food and drinks.
Midwest Wild Harvest Festival
- Location: Wisconsin Badger Camp, 11815 Munz Lane, Prairie du Chien, WI
- General Dates: Typically in late September
- Learn more: https://www.wildharvestfestival.org/
The Midwest is home to many farmers and the Midwest Wild Harvest Festival serves as a celebration of the area’s wild food. Set at the beginning of the fall harvest season, this local festival seeks to combine recreation and education. Speakers regularly present on various aspects of Midwest wild food. There are also demonstrations, cooking contests, a potluck banquet and many other hands-on activities. This is a great Prairie du Chien activity for the entire family.
Flea Market Under the Bridge
- Location: City Park on the corner of First and Edgar streets in Marquette, IA
- General Dates: Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day weekends as well as the first and second weekends in October
- Learn more: https://www.marquetteiowa.city/flea-market.html
Come browse the various items for sale at Marquette’s Flea Market Under the Bridge. Set on the shores of the Mississippi River, this is one of the best flea markets in Iowa because of its beautiful surroundings. Whether you’re looking for a specific item or just want to browse, this Marquette flea market is the place to be.
- Location: St. Feriole Island Memorial Gardens, Corner of First and Fisher streets, Prairie du Chien, WI
- General Dates: Middle of October
- Learn more: https://www.prairieduchien.org/oktoberfest/
This Prairie du Chien event is a great way to enjoy German culture. Oktoberfest features authentic German food, drinks, polka music and games, all set on the beautiful St. Feriole Island. The event is perfect for the entire family, offering activities for all ages and abilities.
Leaf Arts and Crafts Festival
- Location: Triangle Park, 111 First St., McGregor, IA
- General Dates: Middle of October
- Learn more: https://www.mcgreg-marq.org/
Looking for something to do in McGregor, Iowa in October? Stop by the Leaf Arts and Crafts Festival at Triangle Park. This annual festival features numerous vendors that sell various arts and crafts items, many of which the vendors handcrafted. There is also food, live music and many other family-friendly activities.
Winter Film Festival
- Location: Effigy Mounds National Monument, 151 Highway 76, Harpers Ferry, IA
- General Dates: From January to March
- Learn more: https://www.nps.gov/efmo/index.htm
Each year, Effigy Mounds National Monument hosts its winter film festival, showcasing various films over a multi-month span. Showings throughout the festival are free with various viewings set for Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. This is a great activity for the entire family.